Sunday, January 22, 2012

Welcoming the Dragon Year, aka My Freedom of 18 Days.

Its pass 3am now, and the invasion of fireworks have just only stopped bombarding the dark night not long ago. I know i'm supposed to be fast asleep in bed as tomorrow will be an early start. But somehow, something feels missing, empty.

But before I start tearing my hair out of my head in frustration of this, I would first like to thank God, the Universe, or any spiritual force out there who is listening, for the wonderful, hommie, down to earth reunion dinner tonight.

There was less food this year due to some arrangement complications, LOLS, but all in all, the Yee Sang was awesome as usual [my most favourite dish of this festival], the sexy gravy drowned roast chicken, the impressively spicy sambal prawns dish etc etc and not forgetting the gorgeous Red Velvet Cheese Cake to end the feast!! : 9

Somehow, I felt that the atmosphere of the family was very warm and pleasant... Its been long since my gradually freezing heart has felt such weather. Perhaps having noisy kids playing child games and soccer jabbering adults and gossip filled maids to pump up life isn't such a bad idea at all. : )

For some families, playing firecrackers is a tradition for the kids. My brothers and cousins enjoy them too. Especially the part where they blow each other's fingers up!! #,# I kiddd. X) But its been years since I've lit a flame or tossed a cracker because of the paranoia of burning my hands and also the chance that I might lose a finger or two in the process. There is a possibility you know. :P

Anyway, I was a kid again tonight. Lighting em up and tossing them to far distances, it felt good to be myself and be accepted amongst family. There was also much fun taking photos of the process. : ]

As all burned out, we slowly moved back into the house, where surprisingly, I managed to strike up a conversation or two with my aunties, those i've never been close to. After a while of chatting and digesting, it was soon time to go home. Saying goodbye to my grandparents, I realised how fortunate that I still have them both. Grandpa who is the lottery monster and king of dimensia XD, and grandma the demure dragon lady who always appears a warrior on the outside, but has a heart of gold on the in that can be as soft as cotton candy too.

All in all, welcoming the dragon year seems to be a promising start. Although i'm mostly anxious about the future, but restless about the present, I really hope that things will work out according to the plan set for me by God. These coming days of freedom might corrode me into decomposition, but please God, make it one that is bearable for me. I'm deprived of watching Gargoyles you see!! : P

Happy Dragon New Year!! : ]

No comments:

Post a Comment